Tuesday 27 August 2013

Disappointment, complaints and my Italian adventure....

I am sorry I have not been able to post anything for a few weeks now.

I was planning to write about a hotel I stayed at recently in The Cotswold's. Andy and I went there for a spa weekend (to escape London).

However the experience was not what I had hoped and due to bad service and lack of customer care we both left feeling disappointed.

I complained to the hotel (to remain anonymous for now) and they dealt with it immediately. They apologised AND offered us a complimentary stay!

Everywhere deserves a second chance so I will be posting all about my stay once we have returned.

I am all for complaining. If you are left feeling unhappy and disappointed with an experience you have paid for then speak up!

Another let down - I  wanted to continue my search for 'The Best Sunday Roast' so I went to a pub, with some friends, that everyone had been talking about.
It had great reviews and the roasts were meant to be huge! As you can imagine I was very excited :)

When we arrived we sat down and ordered a few pints - standard Sunday tradition, the only day I allow myself to sink pints.

After we had looked at the menus and decided what we wanted the waiter came over and told us they had run out of the beef!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was what we all wanted! I mean it's the king of the roasts!

I couldn't possibly write about this place now with no beef roasts! That would be like writing about a candy shop with no sweets!

To be fair it was 3pm so I guess we should have gone earlier but we always eat lunch on Sunday around this time and no where else had run out before.

I ended up going for the chicken, it was good and the portions was huge, but it wasn't beef : (

I will be going back soon to get my beef!! TBC

So, you see it has been tricky to post about anywhere exciting recently.

HOWEVER................... I am off to Italy this week whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be visiting Florence, Tuscany, La Spezia and then finishing up in Ivrea.

Ahhhhh pasta, wine, ice cream, coffee, more wine - I am coming for you :)

I will be taking lots of photos and documenting all my adventures.

I cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment